In order to meet the evolving needs of the 21st century, LWIS
graduates will benefit from a unique holistic education based on
differentiated instruction, catering to each individual’s character and
ability. Throughout their time at our schools, learners will be armed with
state of the art technological skills and well developed communication
tools that are vital for the successful integration of any individual
into the job market and society of today and tomorrow.
LWIS will adhere to the following core beliefs:
- Each learner is a valued individual with unique personal, social,
academic and cognitive needs that will be addressed and developed
through holistic education.
- Each individual is worthy of praise, encouragement, respect and
the opportunity to be challenged to his/her full potential while being
held accountable for his/her actions.
- A learner-centered education is achieved in a safe and nurturing environment that is conducive to learning.
- Teaching, learning and assessment practices should incorporate
and implement a variety of multi-level courses in addition to a wide
range of strategies that accommodate diverse multiple intelligences and
learning styles encompassing mainstream and special education learners.
- Glocal communities celebrate and appreciate diverse cultural heritage and personal values.
- The development of good character is essential for building
citizenship, responsibility, positive relationships, and respect for
one’s self and others.
- The use of technology, effective communication and research tools are vital in preparing our learners for future endeavors.
- The needs of our learners can only be met through commitment to
linking on a regular basis, teaching and assessment strategies,
learner’s achievements/needs, and professional development.
- Endorsing Peace Education* as is an essential part of our holistic learner-centered philosophy.
A concept that is defined as humanizing the process of
education through its components; democracy, citizenship, human rights,
conflict resolution, environmental education, health & safety and